Exercise & Education
- In conjunction with Diabetes UK Cymru formed an annual Pan-Wales Public Conference in diabetes and physical activity.
- A new MSc Diabetes Practice, 2-year MSc involving research-informed lectures on diabetes and physical activity.
- School of Human and Health Sciences Chronic Condition Management: Diabetes Module (Code: SHGM66).
- Royal College of General Practitioners/Welsh Deanery Motivate 2 Move: General Practitioner Physical Activity Educational Initiative.
- Scientific Adviser in the production of exercise videos specifically designed for diabetes patients (PocketMedic Films, eHealth Digital Media Ltd).
- European Association for Study of Diabetes (EASD): ExPAs Exercise Sub-Group.
- Dr Othmar Moser (COFUND research fellow): Theme Physical Exercise and Type 1 diabetes.
Post graduate Students
- Dr Benjamin Gray:Prevalence of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes risk in a workplace-based setting: Prosiect Sir Gâr.
- Dr Daniel Turner: Impact of Acute Resistance Exercise on glycaemia in individuals with type 1 diabetes.
- Miss Stephanie Hanley: Mixed methods analysis of the physical activity patterns and behaviours of bariatric surgery patients.
- Dr Daniel West: Influence of exogenous insulin and carbohydrate adjustments on glycaemia around aerobic exercise in type 1 diabetes.
- Dr Enzo Di Battista Qualitative assessment of workplace lifestyle intervention programme: Project Sir Gar.
- Mr Liam Williams Polyphenol epigallocatechin gallate and lipid metabolism during graded exercise in man.
- Dr Laura Mason: Exercise Training and Kidney Dialysis and Transplantation.
- Mr Kieran Ryan: Influence of Bovine colostrum on glycaemic control in Diabetes.
- Max Eckstein: Walking training and type 2 diabetes.
- Rachel Deere: Interstitial glucose monitoring during exercise in type 1 diabetes.